Ultimate Guide to Amazon's Affiliate Program
It is close to the end of October, and we can smell the offers. Halloween is coming up soon, followed by Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Christmas, and New Year's Eve.
The amount of money spent on holidays will make this moment a opportunity to star being a Media Buyer or expand your channels to get more profit
On this occasion, today's material is dedicated to Amazon Associates Program.
What is the Amazon Associates Program?
The Amazon Associates Program helps content creators, publishers, and bloggers earn revenue from their traffic. Amazon offers millions of products and programs, and associates use easy link-building tools to direct their audience to their recommendations. They earn from qualifying purchases and programs.
How does it work?
In fact, the Amazon affiliate program is not very different from all the other affiliate programs that we are used to and send traffic to. Amazon provides linking tools that allow you to share products and available programs with your audience and earn money on qualifying purchases and customer actions like signing up for a free trial program.
How do I earn with Amazon Associates?
You receive a commission from qualifying purchases and programs through the traffic you drive to Amazon. Depending on the product category, your affiliate income can be different:
Here you can find the full information about all commissions you can earn from Amazon Affiliates Program.
What tools does Amazon provide to help its affiliates?
- Banners: Use already made graphical banners to link to Amazon's product categories and promotions. There are a variety of banner sizes and shapes you can use including special seasonal promotions such as Halloween, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Saint Valentine
Pro-tip: Do not forget to split-test the banners.
- You can link to a product on Amazon and show information about it. Build links to Amazon products, such as text links, text and image links, and image only links. Use Easy Links, high-converting promotional and announcement banners, to add product previews to your product links or to enhance your site with them.
- Product Advertising API: Developers can integrate Amazon products directly into their website with the Product Advertising API.
With the Amazon API, you can advertise millions of products. The API will help you connect product search and look-up capabilities, product information, and features like Customer Reviews, Similar Products, Wish Lists, and New and Used listings.
It will not be easy for many of our readers to integrate the Amazon API themselves, but we recommend hiring a freelancer to do it and take advantage of the benefits of the platform.
How to get traffic to your Amazon offers?
- Search engine optimization: Is a free source of traffic that takes a lot of time and work to be effective. But by making a site about niche products, you can target specific keywords with little competition and drive users to your site.
- Push Notificacion: Boost your Amazon Offers with Pushground, one of the best ad network with high-quality traffic and self-serve optimitzation campaigns. You can create your campaigns with very specific target and testing many creativities and will be lauched inmediately because her instant campaign approval.
- Email Marketing: Drive users to your website by using your email list. Ensure that you are targeting people who are interested in your offers, to avoid spamming them.
- Paid Search Ads: Paid campaigns can help when SEO and email lists aren't enough. Try source platforms like Google Ads or Bing.
Pro-tip: Don’t send search engine traffic directly to Amazon’s products page. Better send your visitors to landing pages that you created for that purpose or to your website.
What are the benefits of the Amazon Associate Program?
- It is easy to sign-up with them: It will probably only take you a few minutes to sign up for the Amazon Affiliate Program, especially if you already have a normal account on the platform. For your convenience, click here to register with Amazon Associates.
- Amazon is one of the most recognizable brands worldwide: Over 200 million people are customers of the platform and order everything from books to furniture every day. This familiarity is of great importance to you – customers are already familiar with the platform and trust it, so they trust you. Plus, you'll have peace of mind that once they leave your site, your customers will be in safe hands and will receive the product they paid for.
- When a potential customer clicks on your link and goes to Amazon, you will take a percentage from their entire shopping cart. If they don’t buy anything, you still have a chance to make money. If someone clicks on your link and purchases anything within 24 hours, you will receive a commission. Other affiliate programs rarely offer this.
- The product descriptions, ratings, recommendations, comparisons, images, and more are all in one spot, easy for the user to access, and urge them to buy on the Amazon shopping platform. The point is that customers are more likely to buy something on Amazon than on other sites. Conversion rates are usually around 9%, while they are usually less than 1% on other sites. 9% is great, and you can be sure that you will get a commission.
- Promote anything you want: There are no two opinions about it – Amazon is the biggest platform for online shopping right now. If you can't find a product there, you probably can't find it anywhere. This variety only helps us all, from the newbie affiliate to the big players making hundreds of thousands a month with Amazon.
- Amazon's customer service is reliable: Even if you don't typically deal with the customer service department, it's always good to know that they're efficient. That way, customers won't hesitate to buy your recommendations the next time.
- It is free to join the Amazon associates program: Without investing a single cent of your money, you can start earning money from the Amazon link.
What are the disadvantages of the Amazon Associate Program?
Other affiliate programs offer much longer cookie durations, which is much more generous. Other affiliate networks have cookie policies that last for at least 30 days. This means that if a buyer clicks on your link and returns to the website a few weeks later, you will still get a commission for that product. Furthermore, Amazon has a high payment threshold, and you will only be able to get your monthly payment if your Amazon affiliate account maintains a minimum threshold balance.
You must also complete your tax information before you will be paid. Another drawback is that there is no PayPal integration, which is one of the most popular payment methods. This is a massive drawback that could be a deal-breaker for some affiliates.
Amazon made major changes to its affiliate commissions, reducing them from 3 – 8% per sale to 1 – 3% per sale for many product categories. As a result, most marketers have had to take a massive payout cut.
t is easy to get banned from Amazon if you aren't careful. You may lose your commission from the past weeks or months if you get banned.
Today, we have explained what the Amazon Affiliate Program is, its advantages and disadvantages, and how to make money with it. We advise you not to waste time and start your business today in a niche that is not very competitive. Wish you good luck and big profits! See you soon.