Today we’re going to talk about one of the hottest trends right now.
You guessed right - NFT it is!
Keep reading to discover how to make money with NFT in affiliate marketing.
For those of you who are not familiar with the term - NFT stands for non-fungible token. The non-fungible token cannot be split, and it’s unique. NFT can be a domain name, a unique GIF or JPG file, a digital or physical artwork, a unique song, etc. You’re starting to get it, right?
Is there a market for NFTs?
With monthly sales holding above US$2.5 billion in recent months and reaching as high as US$4.5 billion (data as of February 2022), the market for new NFTs will likely grow to at least US$30 billion this year. CryptoSlam has projected 2022 sales volume to rise by at least 50% to 70%, considering the expected 200% to 300% growth in the number of buyers.
Here are some real examples of NFT:
- The very first tweet from Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey was sold like NFT from him for the amount of $2.91 million.
- The original source code of the World Wide Web was sold like NFT from Sotheby's in an online auction. The price? “Only” $5.42 million.
- Five years after the introduction of Bitcoin, the minting and selling of NFTs began. The first NFT was created by Kevin McCoy in May 2014. McCoy minted Quantum, which raked in $1.4 million at a Sotheby auction in November 2021.
- The famous rapper Eminem sold his Shady Con collection in April 2021 for $1,78 million, according to Nifty Gateway statistics. The NFT included digital action figures that influenced the American rapper during his childhood.
- Grimes (also known as Elon Musk's ex-girlfriend) is responsible for one of the best-selling NFTs in history. She sold thousands of copies of her album for more than $7,500 each in NFT format and a unique video called “Death of the Old” for more than $389,000.
- Meme NFTs are valuable because of their universal recognisability. The Doge meme owner sold it for a record-breaking $4 million worth of Ether. The previous record-holder was “Disaster Girl,” which raked in around $570,000.
- Cryptopunks are a 10,000 unique generated characters, all different between each other, token collection of the Ethereum blockchain, launched by Larva Labs. Each one of them can be officially owned by 1 person.
- BAYC or Bored Apes Yatch Club is another NFT collection of 10,000 unique profile pictures of cartoon apes, again on the Ethereum blockchain.
Nice amounts, right? How can we get a piece from this market?
There are a few ways to make money with NFTs (if you are not a famous singer or a social network founder):
- Create NFTs - start creating NFTs, sell them, repeat. The amount of money you’re able to make depends only on your skills
- Trade with NFTs - it's like trading with cryptocurrencies - buy cheap and sell expensive.
- Affiliate programs for NFT’s trading - they are the most interesting for us. We know there is a lot of money in affiliate marketing and when we combine it with the possible high commissions from the affiliate programs, money starts raining
Here are some reasons why you should start promoting NFT affiliate programs now:
- Nearly $41 billion worth of crypto was spent on the NFT marketplaces in 2021.
According to NFT stats compiled by blockchain analytics firm Chainalysis Inc, the NFT marketplace grew to almost $41 billion in 2021, closing in on conventional art sales.
In 2020, conventional art and antique sales amounted to $50 billion. The closing gap can be explained by the growing popularity of NFTs and auction house closures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- NFT trading volume rose by 704% between Q2 and Q3 in 2021.
According to CNBC, the NFT boom was hard to miss throughout 2021, with eightfold gains in quarterly trading volumes between Q2 and Q3. The value of all global NFT transactions in the third quarter hit $10.7 billion, according to NFT market stats.
- Cryptopunks account for five of the 20 biggest NFT sales.
The Larvalabs creation, CryptoPunks, operates on the Ethereum network. These are extremely popular because they are rare. CryptoPunk #7523, for instance, sold for approximately $11.8 million, while CryptoPunk #3100 sold for $7.7 million – the fourth and fifth-largest NFT sales.
Maybe it's a good idea to promote CryptoPunk NFTs, or even buy one if you can afford it.
- Over 50% of all NFT sales are below $200.
Not all NFTs bring in millions of dollars. More than half of the recorded sales didn’t even hit the $200 mark. An analysis of NFT trends reveals that most primary sales went for $100 or less. It's worth investing a few hundred bucks in NFT, right?
Even if you don’t sell for millions fast, there is a chance to make a sweet, fast profit.
- The number of NFT art sales surpassed 1.5 million in a single month in 2021.
There were 1.538 million NFT art sales between October and November 2021. Over the whole 2021, there were more than 11 million art sales, according to some of the most recent data.
You must be wondering, which are the best affiliate programs for NFTs? Those are our favourite:
Another big player in the NFT’s market. Any time that a new user buys something in the platform under your referral link, you receive a 2.5% commission.
One of their advantages is an in-house NFT price tracker. Estimations suggest that around 1/4 million people actively trade NFTs every month on the platform.
Crypto.com’s NFT marketplace promotes art, celebrity, and gaming categories. It has a lot of famous brands like UFC in its portfolio. The Commission is 10% or $10/$20
One of the largest platforms where buyers and sellers can trade with NFTs and other crypto assets. According to them “The Binance Affiliate Program allows you to create unique referral links that invite your community to register and trade on Binance. If anyone clicks the link and registers, they’ll be automatically attributed as your referral. You’ll receive a commission on every trade they make, whether it’s on Binance Spot, Futures, Margin trading, or even Binance Pool.”
How much can you earn? 20% from every sale under your referral link.
Keep in mind that the average NFT price varies by platform -in some, NFT prices are just $150, in others they start at $500 or even $900.
Here’s some ways to promote your NFT referral links:
- Make a blog or website dedicated to NFTs and start making useful and relevant content - how to create NFTs, best practices for trading them, etc. We all know the SEO way is a long-term game, but it can be extremely profitable if you do it the right way.
- Create a Twitter and start growing it up - maybe it's not as much work as the SEO content, but still is not easy, and you should provide good info to your subscribers in order to engage with them.
- Grow in other channels - forums dedicated to NFTs, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
Pro-Tip for new affiliate marketers - try not to be too spammy with your affiliate links, or you will be banned soon.
- Paid Traffic - here you have a few options as well - start with Search Engine Ads (Google or Bing), but prepare a big budget to pay high bids for the good keywords, which will bring you some profits.
- Last but not least, promote your affiliate links in Pushground! Push Ads are the best way to start your journey, and we strongly suggest you try US/Asian GEOs/crypto at the beginning, the traffic is proven to convert in this area.
Pro-tip: Create two separate “Mainstream” campaigns - one with Pushground+ traffic type enabled and another one without this option.
And you should be wondering, where can I start promoting my NFTs affiliate links?
Our advice is to aim for the Asian market first.
A poll involving 28,000 people in 20 countries found that the Philippines has the highest number of NFT owners (32%). The country with the second-highest NFT adoption rate is Thailand (27%), followed by Malaysia (24%), the UAE (23%), and Vietnam (17%). Jump on Malaysia and Vietnam now and your chances to make profits are big.
Who is interested in collecting NFTs?
Morning Consult made a survey which found that one out of three American adults collects some sort of physical item as either an investment or a hobby. Of those who identify as collectors, one out of four also engage with NFTs. Meanwhile, 42% of millennials collect NFTs, and targeting millennials in your paid campaigns is an excellent idea.
The same survey reveals that differences between men and women extend to their collection habits. Men are three times more likely to identify as collectors than their female counterparts.
About the creatives, use similar creatives that other affiliates use for crypto campaigns:
The “get a fortune quickly” or “make money fast with NFTs” angles are definitely worth a test.
Our advice is: Sign-Up to some NFT programs and start sending traffic immediately because the first ones always make bigger profits than the following.
Regarding your pre-landing pages - again, edit the ones you used for crypto (or the ones you found related to crypto), and use them. If they have already proved to work in push traffic for crypto, they will more likely work for NFTs, so you won’t have the need to reinvent yourself.
Pro-tip - before starting promoting an NFT program, be sure your landing pages follow the policies and rules, and be completely honest with the platform on how you will promote their products.
An advanced strategy is to combine the SEO method and paid traffic. For example - build a blog around the NFT trade, publish a free book “How to make money fast with NFT trading”, promote the book with push ads, and allow them to download it for free in exchange for their name and email address (so, use it as a lead capture).
After your email list grows, start promoting NFT offers and make profits.
Bonus! Two more ways to make money with NFTs:
- Create a course about NFTs, or just promote the existing ones on Udemy. For Udemy’s course promotion, use the method described above - they will work for sure if you are promoting them properly.
- Re-sell NFT’s creator's services - hire an NFT creator on Fiverr or Upwork and start promoting their services like yours (at a higher price, of course).
This will be all for today!
Do not miss your chance to make a revenue through NFTs, it might be the right moment!
See you soon!